Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Not everyone is called to homeschool, but for some reason, I was. I believe it was so I can instill more Godly characteristics into my children, then what I could if they were at school all day, then sent home with homework, on top of the sporting events and other activities they would get involved in. I have been homeschooling now for a year and a half. It's been very challenging, but rewarding at the same time. I love spending the extra time with my kids. I know how fortunate I am go have this time with them. I worked a job for 10 years (7 years of my son's life) before I got the privilege to stay home with him. I am excited for this new school year to start because I hear that it becomes less of a challenge, the longer you have been doing it. Thank you God for this privilege, and I pray Lord that you never let me take advantage of it or complain about it again. I am so very blessed!
at 12:27 PM
Monday, July 6, 2009
I haven't been on here in a while and the last time that I was, it wasn't a good time for me. I had a pretty bad day today too, but then I had a reminder of how blessed I really am. Let me share with you how blessed I am and then when I have another bad day, I'll come back to this page to remind myself. I suggest that everyone makes a list of their blessings, as our preacher says, it's not over until you win! This is not a bragging list. This is a list to help me the next time I want to throw a pity party for myself!
- I am free to worship Jesus with all of my heart in whatever way I want to.
- I have faith that all my family and friends will be saved before leaving this earth. God has promised in his word that my household will be saved. He can't take that word back.
- My brother is talking to me again ~ praise God!
- My parents and brothers and grandma are still alive.
- I have an awesome husband and 2 amazing boys.
- I am living in perfect health.
- God has given us a beautiful home in a great neighborhood.
- God has given me a voice to praise him with.
- I get to stay home with my children every day, so I don't miss much of their lives.
- I get to be my children's teacher, so they can read the Bible and pray during school.
- I am well educated.
- I have a few great friends.
- We have 2 cars that are paid for and still run well.
- We can pay our bills because God has always provided a way for us. It may not be the way we plan, but he always provides.
- We never have to worry about where our next meal will come from.
- We have hot water to shower with every day.
at 11:56 PM