- I quit college my senior year. Looking back, I really wish I had just pushed through those last few months. MONTHS! That's all I had left, and I quit.
- I quit a business that was growing great and had such awesome potential. Now, this one I really think God was leading me to quit, but sometimes I still question whether it was His will or mine. Sometimes I miss it, but it was really stressful at times.
- I've quit my dieting and exercise plans numerous times. Never got anywhere with that. Once again I'm trying to lose weight.
- At this very moment I want to stop homeschool because I feel like my husband would be so much better at it than me. I'm so frustrated. I can't even pronounce things right. He's a genius!
- I stopped singing. This isn't good because one of my life goals was to become a famous singer. I used to sing on the praise and worship team, but then I had a baby and I'm having trouble making it to church on time. At least that's my excuse for now.
- I've tried babysitting several times and it never worked out.
WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT QUITTING?
My favorite verse to keep me going through tough times (or even just when I'm feeling lazy) is this:
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap a harvest, if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9
This verse helps me when I feel like I'm facing a mountain. I actually tried meditating on it when I was in labor with our last child. It has really brought me through some tough times.
I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58
Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 1 Corinthians 9:24
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6
But he who endures to the end shall be saved. Matthew 24:13
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
For with God nothing will be impossible. Luke 1:37
I REALLY wanted to just stop blogging during this post because my computer is running so slow that it's driving me bonkers! But look, I persevered and YOU CAN TOO! Whatever it is you are facing, no matter how big or small, just KEEP PUSHING FORWARD.
Be blessed my friends!