Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

LETTERS TO MY BABY ~ ONE MONTH OLD

 
I can't believe that you will be a month old tomorrow. You're already over 8 pounds because you are such a good eater. You're usually hungry every 3 hours on the dot; even if you've been sleeping, you'll wake up to eat. Most of your feedings last anywhere between a half an hour to almost a full hour. You have blessed me most nights though, by sleeping through the night. I feed you around midnight or one in the morning and you sleep until about 6:30. I can tell that you love me so much. You seem most relaxed and comfortable when you're in my arms. You're so sweet! I think that you are starting to make eye contact. You're also starting to be a little bit verbal. I love your little coos and grunts.

You keep our lives very interesting and busy. This morning we were just hanging out on the couch. I looked down and much to my surprise, I saw a glob of yellow poop on your daddy's pillow that you were propped up on. Then I found it on your clothes, my small pillow, and the couch. You sure know how to keep me on my toes. I try my best to not complain even when I'm feeling completely overwhelmed (which has happened a lot lately). You are just too much of a blessing to me for me to waste time complaining. I feel so bad when I do let those complaints slip out. I ask God to put a guard over my mouth and only let pleasant words come out. It's something I've worked on for a long time, but now more than ever, I'm striving to keep quiet when negative thoughts invade my mind. 

I love you G3 and I'm so glad you are here with us, safe and sound. You truly are a God send and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't realize how blessed I am with the awesome family that God has given me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment