Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

FORGIVENESS

I am so sick and tired of letting other people control my emotions. I am a Christian who loves the Lord with all my heart and soul. I live my life for Him, however, I am not Him. That means that I am not perfect! Surprise!!! When I realize that I offend or hurt someone, I ask for forgiveness (whether I think I was right or wrong). I'm having a hard time right now because there are a couple of people who this has happened with and I asked for forgiveness and said I was sorry, but the response I got was far from the love of Christ who taught us to forgive seventy times seven (Matthew 18:22). So tonight I ask the Lord to help me to zero back in on HIM and stop worrying about what other people might think of me. My God knows that I love Him and that I try my best to be Christ-like.

Do you ever put too much focus on what other people think of you? I think that is the enemy's plan to distract us and to make us feel less of a Christian than we really are. Well, I'm not falling for it! I KNOW who I am in Christ and NOBODY can shake that foundation! I sleep in peace tonight knowing that I did what the Bible tells us to do. I forgive! And I seek forgiveness of those I hurt! 


Be blessed my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment