Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Letters to My Baby ~ #6

Hello little one. My how the time is flying by. I am currently 18 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I am extremely excited that we get a glimpse of you tomorrow through an ultrasound. We had a big party planned on Saturday to find out if you are a boy or a girl, but we might just find out tomorrow instead. Winter has begun and they are predicting rain and snow on Saturday and I don't want our friends to have to drive down here and back in the bad weather. I cannot wait to find out your gender. With your brothers, I just knew. And I never found out the sex until they were born. With you, I can't help myself...and I don't "just know". My gut says you are a girl, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Although, I would be just as happy with another little man to call my own. Your brothers are such blessings to me. I can't wait for Stinky Face to become a big brother. I think he's going to do great with you.

We just celebrated Christmas here. It just wasn't the same this year. We couldn't be with any of our friends or family because of sickness. Stinky Face had strep throat and then G.Q. got the flu. Now I have been sick once again with allergy and flu like symptoms. I am claiming my healing though and praising God for all that He's doing in our lives. Through all the hardships, we still know that we are very blessed.

I had a scare last night; yet another situation that we just had to pray and praise God through. I'm so thankful that I didn't end up in the hospital. Just as I was getting ready for bed, I started having a horrible pain in my stomach. The only way I can describe it, is that it felt like contractions. It would come and go just like contractions too. So of course, I was scared. It took over a half an hour to just be able to sit in my bed. Every time I would attempt to sit, it hurt even more. Your daddy starting speaking healing scriptures over me, and I just started thanking God for healing me. Eventually the pain subsided and we were able to get a half way decent night of sleep. We haven't slept well since the beginning of this pregnancy. I'm trusting God that He will soon allow us to get back to better sleep habit.

Well, until next time, Mommy loves you with all of her heart and soul. I'm so blessed to be carrying you in my stomach and to feel you moving around each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment