Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Letters to My Baby ~ #9

What a week this has been! This past Monday, February 18th, 2013, I began having contractions around 2:30 in the afternoon. They were different from the Braxtin Hicks that I had been having since my 20th week of pregnancy. These were up higher, more consistent, and painful. I was being very stubborn because I had been through this with your brothers and knew exactly what was going to happen. Deep inside though, I kept hoping and praying that the contractions would stop. Around 7:30 in the evening, I finally decided to call the doctor and he told me to go to labor and delivery. I knew it! I couldn't believe this was happening again, and so early. I was only 26 weeks pregnant. With your brothers, I think 30 weeks was the earliest that this had happened. So, just as I remembered from when I had preterm labor with your brothers, I ended up having to get a shot to stop the contractions. I hate that shot! It makes me so jittery and hot. But, I would do anything for you. I was a little scared at times, but during most of it, I felt the peace and presence of God there with me.

From the time I left the hospital, I had this stabbing pain to the left of my belly button. At first I just blew it off, thinking it was just soreness from all the contractions I was having. But the pain continued all through the night and I could barely rest. I called the doctor in the morning and they had me come in to get checked out. Thankfully you, the placenta, and the fluids were all perfect! I found out that you weigh around 2 pounds. You are so perfect to me! So, it could've been from all of the contractions, but the doctors just weren't sure. I came home and took it easy and the pain finally subsided the next day.

Thursday night I had another scare with you! You are such an active little boy, especially at night. But this night, I couldn't get you to move. I tried orange juice, chocolate milk, laying on my sides, poking you, and Daddy talked to you. I was so worried about you. I eventually felt a couple of weak movements and decided that you must have just been tired, so I made myself go on to bed. I was so happy to wake up to some strong kicks in the middle of the night. By morning, you had returned to your normal, active self. I pray for you and your brothers everyday. I don't know what I'd do without you! 

Now, I'm looking forward to this Tuesday! I get a 3D ultrasound. I also get my glucose test, rhogam shot, and my regular check up. We all know which part I'm looking forward to. I can't wait to see you again. I keep imagining you with lots of black hair. I picture your tiny, delicate hands and fingers. I wonder if you suck your thumb. I wonder if you get scared or try to cry. I can't wait to hold you in my arms and comfort you when I know for sure that you are upset. I love you with all of my heart!  You are such a blessing to my life! Love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment