Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

STOP TRYING TO FIGURE IT ALL OUT

Why are we always working so hard to try and figure everything out on our own? Will we ever learn that this isn't the way God intended it to be?

Let me give you some examples:

Bills ~ How will we pay them? There's more money that needs to go out than what we are bringing in. So what do we do? We spends hours, days, even months of our time creating plans that will either earn us extra income or decrease our living expenses. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. The Bible is full of verses that speak about using wisdom when it comes to money. But when it becomes an all-consuming thing and fear takes over, that's bad!

Work ~ What does God want me to be doing with my life? How can I get there? I'm afraid to take this leap. What if I don't like this new job? It just doesn't seem as secure as the one I have now. What if I don't get along with the other workers? Will this take too much time away from my family? What if it causes me to miss church? What if I fail?

Pregnancy ~ Will I ever get pregnant? I'll try everything I can. I want a baby so bad. Is something wrong with me? Is it my husband? Oh wow, there's a miracle inside of me. Wait, how are we going to afford this? What if something goes wrong? God don't let me lose this baby. Don't let me have a c-section. I want it this way!

Parenting ~ Another baby...how can I love it as much as I love the others? Protect them as they sleep God! Are they getting enough food? Am I feeding them too much junk? Don't let them ever get sick God. How can someone I love so much make me so angry? How can I control the anger? Private school, public school, or homeschool? I just can't handle this anymore. Are you sure this is what You want God? Wow, they grow up so fast! When do I have "the talk"? What will they be when they grow up? I pray that they will always keep you in their lives God. Protect them!

Relationships ~ Will I ever have real friend? God, I'm so lonely! What if I offend her? How could someone so close to me hurt me so badly? Save my lost family members God! Protect them!

Friends, I've experienced every one of these situations and there's a good chance that you have experienced many of them yourself. But the truth is, we need to stop living our lives like this. Trying to figure it all out on our own only leads to worry. Relax! God has had your best interests in mind since the time He thought of you. We know that His plans are to prosper us and give us hope!

I'm speaking to myself today. I've been feeling very unprepared with our 3rd baby on the way. I've been worrying about contractions and preterm labor, even though in the depths of my heart, I know my baby and I are going to be just fine. I want it a certain way! I want to have my house completely ready for him. But the truth is, I just can't do it.

But here's God's truth and what I want you to get today: Proverbs 19:21 (MSG) says, "We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purpose prevails".

It doesn't matter what you are facing today. GOD has a plan for you and it is His plan that will prevail. So, why waste anymore time trying to figure it all out? Just sit back, breathe, and let His peace come over you. Tell Him, "Your will, not mine. I give it to You, God." He already resolved your issues and He's already given you the resources to do everything that He wants you to accomplish. Follow His lead and let go of what you cannot handle or control.

Be blessed my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment