Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bedtime Prayers

Do you and your family pray together at night before the children go to bed? It's never too early to start. When my first son was just a baby, I started repeating the "now I lay me down to sleep" prayer to him. He learned that prayer and told it to me at night until he was about 3. That's when I wanted him to understand the importance of putting your heart into your prayers and praying for others. Every night before my son goes to bed, we gather together in the living room and say prayers. He goes first, then me and then my husband ends it and we all say Amen. Of course Stinky Face usually tries to chime in too. Tonight I could hardly get my prayer out because he was trying to out do my talking. It was so cute, but slightly frustrating at the same time. I really cherish this time that our family spends together and I strongly believe that it's a great thing for our children to experience. I hope that they will grow up and do the same with their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment