Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

MY ONE WORD

 

I've been inspired by another blogger that I follow, "The Generous Wife", to do my New Year resolution differently for 2012. Every year (except for last year, when I was too depressed to think about resolutions) I vowed the same resolutions as many others: loose weight, take control of my money, GET ORGANIZED, etc. But this year, I really like what The Generous Wife has done and that is to find just ONE WORD to become the theme or mission for this year. 

It didn't take long for me to sit in my quiet room to hear the word that the Lord put on my heart. And this is a word that I surely wouldn't have thought of on my own. That word is SURRENDER.

 

I am a woman who likes to have complete control. My husband doesn't even drive when I'm in the car because I don't like the feeling of not having total control. But what the Lord is speaking to my heart again is that because I feel like I always have to be in control, I am not fully trusting Him with my life.

There are many areas of my life where I need to learn to completely surrender to Jesus. Some of those areas are the need for control, fears, finances, relationships and homeschool. I'm really going to work on this. It's going to be baby steps for sure, but at least it will be forward steps.


If you had to pick just one word, what would it be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment