Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

OUR "LAST SUPPER"


This is how my husband and I ended our last night before the fast! We had a nice big steak, loaded baked potato and mac and cheese. He also had a salad and we both topped it off with caffeinated pop. I also stuffed myself with different kinds of chocolate throughout the day. I sure felt like a queen...until later in the evening when my belly started aching. I really wish I had gone just a bit lighter on the junk!

But, today is a new day, praise the Lord and the fast has begun. It is almost midnight on the first night of the fast and I have to say that since I have done this one other time, it has made this time just slightly easier. You learn by doing and I learned a lot from last year. I absolutely must keep drinking water. It helps me to feel full and it flushes out the toxins faster. Last year I had a horrible headache for 3 days. This time around (aside from the one pop I had the night before), I went the four days leading up to the fast without caffeine. I have had a headache for most of today, but it's been bearable and I don't expect it to be there tomorrow.

I hope that someone out there finds this blog and it just helps to encourage them. I'm reading Jentezen Franklin's book, "Fasting". I couldn't put it down tonight. If you've never heard of Jentezen Franklin, please check out his website, http://www.jentezenfranklin.org/fasting/ (this is obviously the page for fasting). His videos and notes have been so uplifting to me during this time. Well, day one went well and I'm expecting great things from the Lord. I'll write more about that later. Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment