Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 3 to a Healthier Me

I'm not missing my chocolate milk as much as I expected, but I really want some pop...and my refrigerator is loaded with it. My head is feeling better today. It's not completely back to normal, but I am trusting God to get me there. I asked God to give me a scripture to stand on regarding mine and my husband's healing and this is what I opened up to, "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it." ~ John 14:12-14  I am standing on this scripture and asking God for mine and my husband's healing, in Jesus name. I know He is fully capable of restoring our health completely and because I asked, I am calling it done and I give Him all the glory!

Today I plan to start stretching, along with all the other steps I'm taking to better my health. I seem to carry all of my stress in my shoulders and neck, so I'm going to start stretching them out daily. I've also started using a special shampoo and conditioner from Garnier called Fall Fight. It's supposed to help me save up to 1500 strands of hair from falling out each month. Here's a video about it if you want to try it too. I'll let you know how it goes for me!


I also have kept my hair down for 3 days now. It takes a little extra time, but I'll do anything for my hair to grow back. I drank about 3 or 4 bottles of water yesterday and plan to increase that today. The thing I'm having the most trouble with is taking all my vitamins. At minimum, I need to take 4 different pills each day. I just don't do well with pills, and especially now that I'm not drinking my chocolate milk. I always started my day with the chocolate milk and it seemed to make the pills go down easier. Taking pills with water just leaves a yucky taste in my mouth.

Oh, I almost forgot! Since I'm drinking all that water and eating better, I lost a pound! I was so happy when I realized the number had gone down, instead of up in the direction it had been going. Yay! Be blessed my friends!


2 comments:

  1. Amanda, after having my last baby, my hair fell out in clumps. I had it down to my waist, and had to cut it all off, because we had long hairs all over our house. Finally after a year it stopped falling out, but was still crazy thin. I started massaging my scalp with verging coconut oil at night, then shampooing in the morning (started about 5 months ago) and when I got my hair cut a few weeks ago, the stylist said I had tons and tons of 5 inch long New growth hair. Your hair is really greesy when you go to bed, so you will want a shower cap, or put a towel over your pillow. I got the oil at whole foods for about 6 dollars a jar, and have used one full jar, but we use it for everything. It really lasts a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! I will definitely give that a try! I'll do just about anything at this point.

    ReplyDelete