Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Gift of Tongues

For those of you who stumbled upon this post and have received the gift of speaking in tongues, I have a question for you. When you first started speaking in tongues, did the words just flow right out of your mouth, or was it something that took practice? I believe that I have been baptized in the Holy Spirit and have received the gift of tongues, but it almost feels forced to me and it sounds nothing at all like what I hear from those around me at church. It just doesn't flow and continue. I get a few syllables at a time, with several pauses in between. There are two sounds that often come out of my mouth, so it's just like repeating those same sounds a lot, but again, they don't sound like anything I've heard at church. I would appreciate any input from those who are seasoned in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment