Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So, this blog is for Christian parents. I am a christian parent and I have to admit that I am struggling right now with our 11 1/2 year old son. He has a pretty low self esteem and has said some things recently that have concerned me. Part of me thinks that maybe this is normal behavior for this age group for boys. Then the other part of me says that I should seek out professional help. My husband and I really try to acknowledge the positive things that he does and we've even started a new reward system, but it's honestly been very difficult to find positive things. I'm just not sure how to handle negative behavior for a child who already has a low self esteem. Every time I point out something bad he did, I feel like I'm just making him hate himself even more. :0( 

No comments:

Post a Comment