Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

TRYING AGAIN TO GET MY TIME ALONE WITH GOD

Yesterday I posted about my time with the Lord. Well, today I thought I'd try something different. Instead of shutting myself in the bedroom and trying to read and possibly dozing off again, I decided to watch Joyce Meyer on the computer. I thought it was a great idea because it's a beautiful day and the kids were playing outside and my husband was in the shower so no interruptions. Wrong again! 2 minutes and 24 seconds into the broadcast, the front door opens and I hear whining. I go take care of the matter and tell them that I'm trying to watch something important. I come back to the computer. What a great word Joyce had for me today. It was all about suffering. I have definitely had my share of trials and suffering lately. I get cozy and hit the play button again. I'm really getting into what she says and can't believe how much it relates to my life right now. Then suddenly I hear crying. I run back out there and complain that I'm not even able to watch a 20 minute video. Then I feel bad for complaining. Isn't that a huge reason the Israelites took so long to reach the promise land? So the next 4 or 5 times I was interrupted I tried to be a nicer mommy, just being grateful that I have children. Maybe tomorrow I'll just get my some ear phones to drown out all the noise around me so I can focus on Him for 20 minutes or so! ;0) 

If you would like to learn more about Joyce Meyer, you can visit her website by clicking HERE. Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment