Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

One More Thing About Facebook

So, yesterday I said some negative things about facebook. Let me clear up a couple of things. I do still look on facebook about twice a day or more, I just don't have the time for it that I used to. But, I'm okay with that because there are far more important things going on here in the flesh. I do enjoy looking at photos that people post, reading a few funny things and keeping in touch with my family and friends via facebook, but much prefer doing all that in person or over the phone when possible.

One comment that I made is bothering me. I said that I sometimes think, "I know she's not that happy, so why is she always putting up a front?". Well, that comment has been stuck in my brain since yesterday and I guess God is trying to tell me that when people put up a front like everything is okay in their lives, it's their way of coping with the pain. So, I repent of those bad thoughts and pray for the people who come to mind when that specific thought comes to mind when reading their posts.

That's another reason I dislike facebook. I used to be okay, just putting it all out there. I'm the kind of person who wears my emotions on my sleeve (and for a long period of time, just wore them on facebook). That is until people deleted me because they don't want to see negative stuff all the time. So, okay...facebook isn't a place where we can be real with one another? It has to be this fairy tale place where everything is always great. We can only be real with each other when we see each other in person? Okay, got it. So I stopped posting anything bad in my life, except when I really felt like I needed others to be praying for me. But, then I felt like a fake person. Hmm...I wonder if people question whether I'm really that happy or not, because I'm afraid to post negative stuff.

So, that's why you'll see more of me posting on here instead of on facebook. Because YOU my friend, have the option of coming to my blog or not to see what's been going on in my world. Here, you'll get the good, the bad, and sometimes even the ugly. Because I'm a truthful person. I don't set out to hurt or offend anyone, so if I do, I'm sorry. Please accept me for who I am.

Be blessed my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment