Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 2

Well, I made it through the first day of my major changes. I'm really proud of myself. I didn't have any pop or chocolate milk and I kept my hair down all day. I ate healthy foods like a pita pocket with ham, lettuce, tomato, cheese and ranch, honey nut cheerios, nuts, baked chips and eggs. I drank about 3 bottles of water, which is a lot for me. Today I'm going to work on drinking more. My head still has that feeling. I was thinking about how I can best describe it because numb doesn't really seem right. Have you ever had an IV and you start feeling it in your veins, the heaviness...the swelling of your veins that feels like a slight pressure? That's how the left side of my head feels. I just want to feel normal again so badly. For now I lean not on my own understanding, but trust in the Lord that He is in full control.

I receive updates from a group called Wisdom Hunters and so often, they are right on track with what I need. Well, this morning, not only am I dealing with my own health issues, but my little guy is complaining that his body hurts and he's running a fever. I feel so bad for him! But, as soon as I saw the title of today's post from Wisdom Hunters, I knew it was another one that would hit home with me. It was titled, "Humbled by Health". If you are fighting physical illness, I encourage you to read the rest of their post below.

“Naaman’s servants went to him and said, “My father, if the prophet had told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more, then, when he tells you, ‘Wash and be cleansed’!” So he went down and dipped himself in the Jordan seven times, as the man of God had told him, and his flesh was restored and became clean like that of a young boy.” 2 Kings 5:13-14

Softening happens when sickness seizes the body. There is a sensitivity and tenderness of heart that may have been dormant in the behavior of a controlling Christian. But a body under fire from illness is asking to let go of control and cling to Christ. At first there may be an angry reaction, then succumbing to a sense that God’s got it—He is in control. Faith in the face of fiery trials is the fruit of humility. Sickness is an invitation to submission to Jesus.

Yes, there are acts of obedience that accompany a life smothered by a cloud of uncertainty. As we walk in humility we listen for the Lord’s voice. He speaks through His word, His teachers, His preachers, His children and experts in treating physical ailments. Prayer and modern medicine are a powerful partnership in producing positive outcomes. A humbled heart creates clarity of mind for wisdom in decision-making. Humility invites healing.

“Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” And immediately the leprosy left him. Then Jesus ordered him, “Don’t tell anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them.” Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses.” Luke 5:13-15

Your cure may very well be different from another suffering saint’s. It is a mystery why your body responds well to certain treatments while someone in a similar condition experiences a totally different result. So, you pray, research, and trust the Spirit to lead you in the Lord’s physical plan for you. Indeed, don’t miss the holistic approach of healing in your body, mind, will, emotions and spirit. Humility is the gateway to God’s grace and wholeness.

Allow the Lord to use health issues to bring vulnerability and intimacy into your relationships. Be real about your fears and ill feelings, allow friends to comfort you. Emotional awareness and engagement is a healthy outcome of a humbled heart. Renew your mind daily with the truth of Scripture and bend your will toward your biblical beliefs. Physical health is good, but spiritual wholeness is best. A humbled heart hears the Lord.
“Lord, do not forsake me; do not be far from me, my God. Come quickly to help me, my Lord and my Savior.” Psalm 38:21-22

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I humble my heart, so I can hear from You and be healed.

Click HERE for the link to Wisdom Hunter's blog!  Be blessed my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment